Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Daily Inspiration: NOT!





I downloaded a book today, called "100 quotations to make you think!"  The book is about optimism. Of course, I altered a few of the points to suit my mood. So here goes:

"The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that an optimist thinks this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true." ( I am not really sure what encouragement this has to offer. Hmmm)

"A Kiss is just a pleasant reminder that two heads are better than one." ( Ahem. I have a rebuttal to this. Obviously, the sappy person who wrote this complete falsehood, lived in some alternate version of reality other than this one.  Undoubtedly, Mr or Ms. Sappy, had never kissed a cheater, or they would not view two heads to be better than one. No. No. I beg to differ!  Whoever dreamed up this brilliant quote should have to take a lie detector test after being cheated on. This particular quote was the inspiration for my whole blog. )

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."  ( Okay, that sounds real nice and all, but tell that to the builders of the Titanic. I don't think they would agree with this optimism. )

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground!" ( Ahh. Now there is a quote I can live with. Perhaps there is hope after all. )

No comments:

Post a Comment