Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Starting School






School starts tomorrow and honestly, the thought of it literally makes me want to vomit. This is a very unusual attitude for me because I am usually hyped up and ready to hit the books. I have come to love reading, and the thought of a learning new things leaves me cheerful. However, not this semester, and it is all because of a STUPID second part of an astronomy class that i have to take to graduate. I can't even stress how much I dread starting class tomorrow.

I am seriously considering skipping it and going on to Lee University. Lee does not even require me to take the second part. But, I am afraid that if I don't get that degree my parents are going to be disappointed, and all the professors who have supported me will be disappointed. I have about 10 professors that would give me excellent recommendations. I have a 3.96 GPA and it would have been a 4.0, but that is another story all together. That really chaffs my behind I can tell ya.

I have changed my major, once again, to Bible/Theology major. Yes, I know that probably sounds ridiculous, as much as I have cursed theology. But, my attitude has changed, and the only thing that seems to hold my attention are classes that I can find God in. I have come to love psychology, sociology, literature, world religions, history, and theology.

I HATE science, math, and trying to learn Spanish (no prejudice intended). I guess I am just stubborn because if I absolutely detest something, you can forget it, I am not going to fool with it. There is no such thing as me sucking it up and dealing with it. That will drive me to use some very foul language. However, I am going to have to suck it up over this Astronomy class, because I do not want to disappoint a bunch of people, but the kicker is, that I do run the risk of failing or crashing my GPA.

Last semester I took Astronomy and made an A. But, the professor was a moron, all of his tests were open book, you got 3 tries to take the dang test, he stopped even calling roll after the second class, and he really did not even notice if you were there, nor care. We did not even crack the book for the tests. That would have taken forever. So, 4 of us congregated and one would put A, one would put B, and so forth, until all the answers were used up and the the test spits out which ones you missed so we figured out who had the right answers and we all took the test again and everyone made a 100. But that professor retired last semester. It was his last. This semester will bite us in the butt if we get a real professor, who wants us to actually learn something. I can only hope that God descends with a booming voice from heaven saying, "Give Tammy an A."

No comments:

Post a Comment